All Arts, Design & Architecture students are required to follow Academic Policies and Arts, Design & Architecture protocols and guidelines while they're enrolled in their program.

Details on Academic Policies are available at

We encourage you to regularly check yourԻto ensure you arefamiliar with the latest student guidelines and policies.

  • Find out more about.

    Graduate capabilities
    Read about the desired learning outcomes for all students on the.

    Plagiarism and academic integrity
    Commencing undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studentsmustcomplete thefor academic writing,researchand the responsible use of information. You should alsofamiliariseyourself with the university's approach to.ճlesson is an interactive self-paced Moodle module exploring and explaining academic integrity terms and placing them into your learning context.

    Academic Skills
    This is a service that provides students with resources and support to help develop and refine such as writing, referencing and exam preparation.

    Program leave and discontinuation
    You must formally apply for program leave through your student profile inmyif you want to takea leave of absence from your program of up to 1 yearand want to come back to your studies after taking leave.Program leave is for enrolled domestic undergraduate or postgraduate students. It's available to internationalstudents with certain conditions.For more information,see.If you want to discontinue your studies completely, and not resume themat a later date,see.

    For more information about how to access your assessment results, why results may be withheld and how toapply fora review of results, go to.

    Special consideration (illness and misadventure)
    Sickness, misadventure or other circumstance beyond your control may prevent you from completing a course requirement or may significantly affect your performance in assessable work. You can apply forspecialconsideration for the affected assessments, with supporting documents,through your student profile inmy. For more information, see.

    Special permission to withdraw from a course without penalty
    To withdraw from a course after both the census date and the withdrawal without academic penalty date have passed, you need special permission. Applications must be made through your student profile inmy. For more information, see.

    Student code of conduct
    The overarching obligation of all students is toact in the best interests of the University community at all times. For more information, see.Disciplinary action in accordance with themay take place if the University believes a student has breached the student code of conduct.

    Student complaints and appeals
    A complaint is any type of problem, concern or grievance about your studies, student life, theUniversityor the University environment.The way theUniversity handles complaints is set out in theStudent Complaints Procedure.A complaint must be lodged within 12 months of becoming aware of the issue.

    work health and safety policies
    ’s Health and Safety Policy objective is that no person will come to harm while at . To achieve this, everyone at the University needs to understand their individual health and safety responsibilities.ճpolicy applies to allstaff, students andvisitors to the University and staffand studentsundertaking University-related activities elsewhere.Access thefor students and staff.

  • The university offers a range of student support and development services to assist you while you're studying. Seefor the full range of services provided to students.

    • Equitable Learning Services
      Thefacilitate inclusive educational policy and practices across .ELSis a free and confidential service that provides practical support to ensure your health condition doesnotadversely affect your studies.

    • Studentwellbeing and health
      Find out more aboutincludinghealth services,mental healthsupport,campus security andwellbeing news and events.
      provide personal support to studentsand information about university life, student visas, wellbeingԻacademic performance.

  • has a standard late submission penalty of:

    • 5% per day,
    • for all assessments where a penalty applies,
    • capped at five days (120 hours) from the assessment deadline, after which a student cannot submit an assessment, and
    • no permitted variation.

    Students are expected to manage their time to meet deadlines and to request extensions as early as possible before the deadline.

  • It is important to read the information on the Results page before applying for a review of results.

    Note: You must submit your application no later than 5 working days after the return of the piece of work or, in the case of an exam, 5 working days from the date of release of results.

    If you wish to request a re-assessment of a piece of work, you should first discuss your performance with the Course Authority. If you still believe, after discussion, that the mark you've received doesn't reflect your performance, you may apply for re-assessment.

    If a request is submitted for a review of result for a group assessment, then all group members must agree to the request for a review. In the event that the final mark and grade are adjusted following the review of result request, it will be adjusted for all group members.

    The review of result may lead to the mark going up, down or remaining unchanged.

    Keep all marked work in case it is needed for re-marking.

  • The Policy on Class Attendance and Absence can be viewed.

    From time to time, the Course Authority may vary the attendance requirements for a course. It is the students’ responsibility to ensure that they are familiar with the specific attendance requirements stipulated in the course outline for each course in which they are enrolled.

    Students are expected to be regular and punctual in attendance at all classes in the courses in which they're enrolled. Where courses stipulate mandatory attendance requirements, students who seek to be excused from attendance [or for absence] must apply to the Course Authority in writing.

    Explanations of absences from classes or requests for permission to be absent from forthcoming classes should be addressed to the Course Authority in writing and, where applicable, should be accompanied by appropriate documentation, for example, a medical certificate. After submitting appropriate supporting documentation to the Course Authority to explain his/her absence, a student may be required to undertake supplementary class(s) or task(s) as prescribed by the Course Authority. If examinations or other forms of assessment have been missed, then the student should apply for.

    School of Education Attendance Requirements

    The School of Education requires students to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled classes (whether on-campus, off-campus, or online), and to demonstrate regularly and timely engagement in online, blended, or self-paced courses. For more information, see the Education Course Information page.

    Course Information

    • The maximum limit for cross-institutional study/intensive exchange is 12 units of creditthroughout your program.

    • Cross-institutional study/intensive exchange can only be undertaken after completing at least72 units of creditif you're an undergraduate student.Postgraduate students must havecompleted a minimum of 50% of the units of credit necessary to complete the program.

    • You should have at least a credit average and no more than one fail (Academic Withdrawal (AW) is considered the same way as a failure) if you're undertakingoverseascross-institutional study/intensive exchange.

    • The discipline (specialisation) is appropriate to your program.

    • The course content is not taught at ; or

    • You're unable toenrolin a course for good reason, for example, failed a prerequisite course which might impact on your progression in your program.

    • Core courses must be completed at and cannot be substituted for a cross-institutional course/intensive exchange.

    • Credit for study will not be granted if the cross-institutional study/intensive exchange was not approved prior to your study.

    • Seefor more information.

  • Students seeking credit transfer for courses completed elsewhere must submit documentary evidence and specify the courses they wish to complete within the Faculty.The Facultywill then determine the number of units of credit to be granted.Seefor more information.

    Information on how to apply for credit transfer is available through.
    If you're an international student, credit transfers can affect your visa as they can change the length of your program. Find out howcan affect your visa.

  • Maximum exchange period for students in double degrees

    • A one-year exchange is the maximum period allowed by the International Exchange rules,with the exception ofthe International Studies double degrees (for example, International Studies/Law or International Studies/Media) where students can undertake an additional 18-24 UOC for their degree other than International Studies.

    • Students inArts, Design & Architecturedouble degrees with an external Faculty (for example, Arts/Law or Science/Arts) are limited to 18-24 UOC.

    • Students inArts, Design & Architecturedouble degrees within the Facultycan participate in a one-year exchange program (48 UOC) but can't count more than 24 UOC towards each degree. However, in some programs such as Arts/Education (Secondary), the core courses can't be completed on exchange. This may limit the period of exchange in some dual degrees to 18-24 UOC.

    • For more information see.

    Exchange Program in the final term of study

    Students undertaking an exchange program in their final term of study must bring back credit transfer of at least 18 UOC, that is, the equivalent full-time load per term at .

  • Arts, Design & Architecture students must meet the following conditions to overload:

    • Undergraduate students must have completed at least 48 units of credit (UOC), achieved a weighted average mark (WAM) of 65+ and be in good academic standing.
    • Postgraduate students must have completed at least 36 units of credit (UOC), achieved a weighted average mark (WAM) of 65+ and be in good academic standing.

    Applications to overload are only considered for the following term. Applications will be assessed after the official result release of the current term. You'll be notified of the outcome of your application through your student email.

  • The facultyallows permissible timetable clashes only in certain circumstances:

    • The timetable clash can only be between lectures or between a lecture and a tutorial or seminar. Only the lecture can be missed.

    • Where the clash is between two lectures the course convenor will determine whether full waiver of attendance or partial attendance is permitted.

    • Timetable clashes aren't available to students in their first term of study at university.

    • You take full responsibility for the timetable clash and ensure that you meet the course learning outcomes.

    • All timetable clash requests must be submitted using the.

    If your permissible timetable clash request isapproved, you must fulfil the following requirements:

    • You must attend the clashed lecture on a specific date if that lecture contains an assessment task for the course such as a quiz or test. If you miss the said lecture there is no obligation on the Course Convenor to schedule a make-up quiz or test and you can receive zero for the assessment task. It should be noted that in many courses a failure to complete an assessment task can be grounds for course failure.

  • is always looking for ways to improve courses,programsand your overall student experience. Constructive feedback assists your teachers and shapes the future of education at . Surveys for current students are myExperience, Student Experience Survey and International Student Barometer (for international students). More information on surveys available to students can be viewed.

  • Bachelor of Education, Master of Teaching (Primary), Master of Teaching (Secondary)

    For successful completion of the Bachelor of Education program and to be eligible to apply for accreditation as a teacher in NSW, all teacher education students will need to meet the following participation and enrolment requirements.

    Assessment of suitability for teaching

    It's a NESA requirement that Initial Teacher Education providers include a continuum of non-academic evaluation of students’ suitability for teaching during programs. meets this requirement as follows.

    Undergraduate (BEd) students only: Students must successfully complete a full year (48 UOC) of studies in their specific disciplinary content area, (for example, Maths, Science, Economics or Arts), and 30 UOC of mandatory general education courses before undertaking any discipline-specific curriculum and pedagogic studies (Methods) or professional experience placements in schools.

    As a way of ensuring students are progressing through the program effectively, we undertake an extensive evaluation of teacher suitability for their specific teaching areas and continually monitor and evaluate the relationship between these measures, their performance during professional experience and graduate outcomes, including a level of self-efficacy. We do this via a range of strategies, including, where relevant:

    • Microteaching assessments,

    • Using direct observation of all professional experience placements, including the placement as a teaching assistant,

    • Multiple critical assessment tasks,

    • A teaching performance assessment (TPA), and

    • Observations and activities based ona set ofinherent requirementsused by a range of NSW teacher education providers.

    In addition to this, before their first supervised professional experience placement, all teacher education students must:

    • Undertake and pass The Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education (LANTITE). For further details please visit the. Tests are available through the.
    • Undertake a Working with Children Check. The Commission for Children and Young People Act 1998 introduced mandatory requirements for background checking of people working with children. All Teacher Education Students therefore must complete aWorking with Children Check.

    • Complete Anaphylaxis Training. The Department of Education (DEC) require that all initial Teacher Education Students have training in managing anaphylaxis. Students must complete the free anaphylaxis e-training module provided by the(ASCIA) in conjunction with practice using an adrenaline autoinjector training device.

    • Confirm that they're fit for their school placement and meet theinherent requirementsof a teacher education student. This self-assessment is completed prior to EVERY placement and submitted through the online placement system (OPS).

    English language proficiency

    It's a NESA requirement that all teacher education students can effectively communicate with students,colleaguesand the broader education community daily. In addition to satisfying entry requirements, oral and written communication skills are assessed regularly as part of all coursework and professional experience.


    The School of Education requires students to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled classes (whether on-campus, off-campus, or online), and to demonstrate regularly and timely engagement in online, blended, or self-paced courses. For more information, see the Education Course Information page.

    Course Information

  • The Arts, Design & Architecture Dean's List (A0010I) recognises the outstanding achievements of its students.


    The Award is available to students enrolled in Arts, Design & Architecture (ADA) coursework programs who have:

    1. Successfully completed a minimum of 36 UOC (Undergraduate) or 24 UOC (Postgraduate) at within a single academic year (Summer, T1, T2 and T3); and
    2. Successfully completed a minimum of 12 UOC of Arts, Design & Architecture courses; and
    3. Achieved an overall minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 80 for all courses completed and attempted that year.


    Selectionis based on a student's overall Weighted Average Mark (WAM) and Units of Credit (UOC) successfully completed at within a single academic year (Summer, T1, T2 and T3).

    Students enrolled in ADA Undergraduate coursework programs need to have successfully completed a minimum of 36 UOC at within a single academic year to be eligible for the Dean’s List.

    Students enrolled in ADA Postgraduate coursework programs need to have successfully completed a minimum of 24 UOC at within a single academic year to be eligible for the Dean’s List.

    Students also need to have successfully completed a minimum of 12 UOC of ADA courses.

    A minimum overallWAM of 80 is required to be eligible for the Dean's List. The WAM is calculated on all courses completed and attempted.

    Students do not need to apply for the Dean's List. The selection process is administered by ADA and all eligible students are automatically considered.

    Students enrolled in stand alone one-year Honours programs (e.g. 4504, etc.) are not eligible for the Dean’s List.

    Students who have transferred out of an ADA coursework program are not eligible for the Dean’s List.

    Late grades may affect a student’s eligibility for inclusion on the Dean’s List.

    Enrolment Continuing (EC) grades will only be included in the Dean’s List calculations when all muti-term courses are completed.

    Exchange courses and transfer credit for courses completed at another institution are not counted as completed units of credit for the Dean's List calculations.

    Acknowledgment of Students on Dean’s List

    Students will receive an e-certificate to acknowledge their achievement. All student recipients will be listed on the website.

    The Dean’s List Award will be listed on the student’s official academic transcript and Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) which students will receive on graduation through .